What is this!!??

OK, so out of the blue I decided to create a blog, to kinda, you know, document the build of my 240z. After going through the initial setup for a new account I came to this page and uh am I just supposed to start typing? and hit publish? Well it seems obvious that the answer is yes but... I don't know, seems too easy. Anyhow, lets see how this goes.


This, ladies and gentlemen, is my Guinevere. A 1972 Datsun 240z. This next picture was taken the next day after it was towed and dropped off at the house.

Here's the full story of how I picked up my 72 Z. Kinda long, so warning!
         The story of how I bought the car is pretty interesting. I remember seeing this 240z on craigslist for quite a while. It was on there for almost, I'd say, a year. At $1500 and with a firm asking price I never really wanted to called the guy. I figured if I'm going to replace the motor and restore the entire chassis then I should just purchase a Z that's more towards the lower side of the thousand dollar mark. Then one day while driving to grab a bite at Panda Express I noticed a red 260z 2+2 parked on the street with a for sale sign. I called the guy and after looking at the car up close I ended up buying the car for $700. It ran and was in great shape, practically no rust in the floors or battery tray.
Around the end of the week I decided that the 260z was not cutting it for me. It was the 2+2 part that I couldn't overlook. I fell in love with the body lines of the original 2 seater and the extra foot or so of the 2+2 was just not pleasing to me, so I decided to post the 260z on craigslist. This is where things gets interesting. I got a call from a guy on craigslist who was interested in trading my 260z for a 240z. Of course I was interested so we arranged for a meeting the following day. Remember the first 240z that was going for 1500? Well, apparently he sold it to this kid that I'm meeting up with now and he's trading it to me for my 260z. Great! I just picked up the $1500 240z that I've been eying for a year for $700 dollars! YES!

Now onto the details of the Z....

Comments