A look at the Toyota 20v 4age and Turbo 16v 4AGZE


I don't really have any updates on the 240z since I haven't had the chance to bring the Z to the shop so I figured I'd post up what I've been doing at the shop I work at called Buddha Paint.



Here are some pictures of the 20v swap for a 85 Corolla GTS. The setup is pretty simple and really straight forward. I am using the Megasquirt EMS to control both spark and fuel. The MS will also control the radiator fan and vvt solenoid etc.
Since the 20v's originally only come in a Fwd platform I had to convert the coolant system to a rwd configuration. Majority of those parts came from the original motor. That's the water pump, thermostat housing, alternator bracket, pulley and hoses. The only parts that needed custom parts were the upper radiator hose and rear coolant chamber. Doing this pretty much changes it back to the oem version of the 16v 4age; creating a AE86 drop-in version of the 20v.





Now for some pictures of a forced induced 4AG(Z)E 16v 
GT28 Cometic headgasket, ARP headstuds, Megasquirt v3.0, 460cc, COP's








Comments